Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; (Ephesians 5:25).
Christ’s love for the church is the model for husbands. This love must be sincere and sincere, and it is also eternal love. Christ’s behaviour was supreme proof of his love. Christ loved the church and gave himself to death for it. Our behaviour should be the result of our true love.
Did Christ love the church?
He loved his church:
- By choice
- Selfless love. He loved the church not because of its virtues but because of its nature.
- His love for the church is compassionate. His interests are the interests of Christ.
- Like the bride, she has communion with the church.
- There is a perpetual apostasy in his love. How did he prove his love? He consigned himself to death for it.
For the sake of the Church Christ the Lord:
He left the sky and assumed a human body.
- When he was on earth, he lived in the service of his people.
- Atonement by bearing the pain of death.
- He always rules and intercedes for the church.